Now is a great time to use social media in your overall marketing mix. Whether you decide that Facebook is right for your business, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest or Twitter all have many benefits with unique characteristics across different platforms.
1. Budget friendly (both paid and unpaid options) All social media accounts are free to set up and use, which is a huge bonus to budget conscious businesses. There are paid options for most social media platforms that will help your posts to be seen by more people, potentially opening you up to more customers or followers.
2. Be where your customers already are and where they ‘hang out’ The average person spends over 2 hours1 on social media each day. That means if you aren’t on social media you are missing the opportunity to connect directly with your customers and potential customers. You will miss out on sharing knowledge, building trust, improving communication, and exposure to your brand.
3. Communicate directly with your clients, patients and or/customers With social media you get to speak with the buyer. There is no receptionist or gatekeeper blocking your message. You can speak directly to your audience. If you choose a paid option to boost posts, there are very specific demographics that you can choose to target.
For example, if you own a local pet shop, you can show your paid ads to males between the ages of 35-45 who like dogs that live within 10 miles of your store. Targeting can be extremely specific and doesn’t cost you anything extra when you are already paying to boost your post.
4. Social media is a great way to create and maintain brand awareness. Social media allows you to maintain an ongoing conversation with your audience by sharing valuable content. When properly mastered, a person scrolling through their feed won’t even have to see your logo to know that the content they are viewing is from your company.
Keep in mind, you can use a different tone in your posts on different platforms. It is recommended since your followers will probably be from different demographics on each platform. For example, you would have a different tone on LinkedIn than you would for TikTok because LinkedIn is more for professionals where TikTok is used mostly for entertainment.
5. Easy to evaluate performance of every post. Whether you are using free or paid posts you can see exactly how many times your post was put in front of someone and if they had any engagement with that post. You can eventually begin see patterns within your posts that will allow you to see what type of graphics and messages your audience responds to the most. All social media platforms allow you access to your analytics. Facebook takes it a step further by giving you pixels. Pixels are code that you place within your website. It collects data that helps you to track conversions from the Facebook ads you post.
This information should have proven to you that your business needs to be using social media regularly. If you are not sure how to get started or if you have an account and it isn’t performing how you think it should, we have a staff of professionals here that are willing to help your business get to the next level. Feel free to reach us with questions at (815) 836-0030 or by email at Contact@WeNetwork.com
1 Statista statistic for 2019